The Company: Primary Solutions provides software and services to make life easier for human services professionals who serve the disabilities community.
We combine integrity, experience, technology and proven business methods to create effective, affordable solutions.
- Our Gatekeeper and Infal software programs are used by County Boards of Developmental Disabilities, Health Departments, Planning Departments, and Sheriff’s offices.
- Our Advisor software is used by Developmental Disability agency providers, Mental Health Service providers, and Social Service agencies.
- Our Billing Service handles the processing of claims for both independent and agency DD providers.
The Role: Primary Solutions is looking for a talented and energetic software engineer. This role designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications for our customer base who serve the disabilities community. You would be a part of a dynamic team of software developers, analysts, and software testers. In this position you will play a role in supporting the team during the development process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and 4-7 years of experience in the field or in a related area is required.
- Recent (last 5 years) experience in software design and development of enterprise-level applications using PowerBuilder.
- Experience working with SQL databases, creating complex reports, triggers, and stored procedures.
- Designing and Developing a database with SQL using the concepts of Normalization and Object-Oriented programming.
- Experience working in a team of developers, analyst/testing staff, and support personnel.
- Experience communicating and working with customers to address specific needs.
- Ability to develop software on new/large project scale in existing legacy systems.
- Ability to maintain and improve legacy code.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Competitive compensation package. Please submit your salary requirements along with your resume.
- Paid time off
- 401k investment matching
- Medical insurance coverage available
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
Work Remotely: Yes
Supervisory Responsibilities: No supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Color vision, and Ability to adjust focus.